In line with many
modern businesses Hawkwell House Hotel is committed to our green policy with the aim of
minimizing the local and regional environmental impact of our business. We encourage our employees, suppliers and guests to be
environmentally aware through initiatives such as recycling and energy efficiency.
- Recycle all cardboard and
packaging – made possible through using a cardboard bailer
- Recycle all printer cartridges – to be
collected by local nominated charity
- Recycle all waste paper – providing recycling
boxes in all departments/offices
- Operate a ‘Think before you Print’ Campaign in
all areas of the business - all computers are set to print double sided where possible
- Throughout hotel refurbishment all used
furniture, textiles and unwanted items to local charities
- Segregation of all waste including glass, tin,
plastic and paper to aid recycling
- Appropriate menu planning to minimise food
- Hotel brochures and promotional material
emailed whenever possible
- To educate and train all members of staff in
environmental issues and in good working practices in order to create an
energy efficient and environmentally aware working culture
DOWNLOAD GREEN POLICY HERE
- All internal office equipment to be switched off
when not in use including computers, printers and photocopiers
- Bedrooms to be allocated in blocks to conserve
- Use cold water instead of hot water when ever
- Notices in all bedrooms encouraging guests to conserve energy by switching lights, and other electrical appliances, off when they are not in use during their stay
- We ask all guests to reuse towels where possible
- We have eco-hairdryers in guests bedrooms
- We have
eco-friendly kettles in guests bedrooms
- All public toilets have light sensors to ensure that they are only in use when needed
- All male urinals have been fitted with a waterless cleansing unit.
- All public areas and conference rooms are fitted with LED Energy Saving light bulbs
- Where possible staff use lower heating temperatures and turn off lights in unoccupied
Our website makes use of non-invasive (no personal data) cookies to provide you with an enhanced user experience. By continuing to use the site, you consent to this.Close More
A cookie is a small file containing text and numbers generated by the website and passed from your browser back to our website when you revisit the site.
A cookie is used here to allow you to navigate the site, log in etc. Without this cookie (called a session cookie), this site would not work properly and so this has already been set.
We use a popular statistics tool called Google Analytics which uses non invasive cookies to allow us to find out how effective our marketing is, based on referencing how you got to our website (search engine, direct, or from another site etc).
We use an animation based rotating image which uses a cookie to know which image was last displayed so that as you move from page to page you are not seeing the same image every time.
We can also make use of third party services such as video clip players which can set cookies, for example to enable them to know that you part played a video clip previously, or to store customised settings such as brightness or volume. Close